Sunday, February 19, 2012

Planet Backyard

As a kid growing up way out in the country, I was just minutes away from all kinds of cool landscapes and endless miles of trails from the local hunters. If I wasn't blazing around the hills on my dirt bike, it was my dad taking me to the other side of town to go hunting. During all those years of exploring, dirt biking and hunting, I discovered some really cool sceneries.

Nature designed waterfalls and hilltops that would overlook Pee Dee River were very common around my hometown of Lilesville, NC. There are even massive boulders that are literally the size of some 2 story homes that can be found on Lilesville land. No joking at all about that!

If I didn't feel like riding trails, there were plenty of open dirt roads from the sand and gravel quarries located nearby. I'm sure that is how I've developed such a love for all kinds of nature/wildlife and landscapes with gorgeous scenery.

By now, I bet you've figured out that I LOVE the Planet Earth DVD or any tv show involving the beauties of the world. 

So, during the 2011 year, I shot enough footage from each season to make my very own Planet Earth. Although I'm now located close to Charlotte, it was super fun exploring all the different areas around the back roads. Even my own backyard was filmed for some of the scenes used in this short film. So lets see here... I believe I'll just call this Planet Backyard. 

Sit back, relax and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment